The Sundarban is the largest mangrove forest in the world. Moulis (honey collectors), as they are known in Bengali, put their lives in danger to harvest honey during peak season, armed only with a prayer to Bon Bibi (the Forest Goddess). The honey collected has a distinctive woody and mangrove flavor.
The honey has a thin, liquid-like consistency due to the presence of mangroves and humid temperatures throughout the year. The honey is usually golden in color, with a coating of white foam on top. The existence of white foam on the honey indicates that it is raw, unprocessed, and unheated.
The Sundarban forest honey is distinct from the typical thick honey found in the mountains because the climate in other regions is dry, whereas the weather in the Sundarban is humid and damp. Today, the area is well-known for its honey. And to get the original Sundarban honey, reach Joynagar right now!
The majority of people believe that thick honey is the purest type of honey, but this is not the fact. The area and climate influence the consistency of honey. In the deep mangrove forests of the Sundarban, the purest Sundarban honey can be obtained. The honey produced by mangrove trees is thin and liquid-like since they remain submerged for most of the year.
Reasons Behind the Name Blood Honey
- Because this honey is collected from the Royal Bengal tigers' home, the risk of death is extremely high, hence the name "Blood Honey." It's also around twice the price of branded honey.
- Many people have been attacked by tigers while collecting honey in the forests in this area, according to residents. Every year, people die venturing into the deep jungle to collect honey, indicating the risk level.
Sundarban Forest Honey's Health Benefits
There are numerous benefits linked with this well-known honey, as noted below:
- Antioxidants, particularly phenolic components, are abundant in original Sundarban honey.
- Raw honey, when consumed in the proper quantity, can help you burn fat.
- It also helps with the development of immunity, which is essential during critical times like Covid-19.
- Antibacterial and antifungal properties are found in Sundarban forest honey.
- When applied to the face, hibiscus honey functions as a natural anti-aging and skin nourishing agent.
- Its topical treatment can help cure wounds and burns.
- It also aids in the treatment of acne and the elimination of dandruff.
- People look for it when the seasons change since it relieves a sore throat, cough, and cold.
- It can aid in the treatment of allergies, as well as improve memory, digestion, and sleep.
- It contains flavonoids, which help to protect against cancer, heart disease, asthma, and other illnesses.
So, if you want to get the original Sundarban honey at a reasonable price right at your doorstep, reach Joynagar right now! Not only Sundarban honey, but Joynagar also offers a variety of products to the market, including artificial flowers, wholesale bamboo tray, Nolen Gur, original Khejur Gur, Joynagarer moa, and many more at an affordable price. So, if you need online Joynagarer moa, Joynagar is the best place to go. Visit their website for detailed information.