The Sundarban is the world's largest mangrove forest. Moulis (honey collectors), as they are known in Bengali, risk their lives to collect honey during the peak season, armed with nothing more than a prayer to Bon Bibi (the Forest Goddess). The honey that is collected has a unique woody and mangrove flavor.
Due to the presence of mangroves and humid temperatures throughout the year, the honey has a thin and liquid-like quality. The honey is typically golden in color, with a white foam layer on the top. The formation of white foam on the honey is a sign of raw, unprocessed, and unheated honey.
Because the climate in other regions is dry, and the climate in the Sundarban is humid and moist, the Sundarban forest honey is considerably different from the typical thick honey found in the mountains. Today, the region is well-known for its honey. And to get the authentic Sundarban forest honey, reach Joynagar right now!
Most of us think that thick honey is the purest type of honey; however, this is not the reality. Honey consistency is determined by the region and climate. The purest kind of Sundarban honey can be found in the deep mangrove forests. Because the mangrove trees are underwater for most of the year, the honey produced is thin and liquid-like.
Why is it Called Blood Honey?
- Because this honey is obtained from the Royal Bengal tigers' home, the chance of death is so high, which is why it is known as "Blood Honey." It's also about twice as expensive as branded honey.
- According to the locals, many people have been attacked by tigers while collecting honey in the forests in this area. The intensity of risk is significantly tremendous, as every year people die venturing into the deep forests to collect honey.
Health Benefits of Sundarban Forest Honey
There are so many advantages associated with this famous honey which are listed below:
- Sundarban honey is a rich source of antioxidants, especially phenolic compounds.
- Consumption of raw honey in the appropriate proportions can help you burn fat.
- It also aids in the development of immunity, which is crucial at these unprecedented times like Covid-19.
- Sundarban forest honey includes antibacterial and antifungal properties.
- Hibiscus honey acts as a natural anti-aging and skin nourishing agent when applied to the face.
- Wounds and burns can be healed with its topical application.
- It also helps to cure acne and get rid of dandruff.
- It can help with allergies, enhance memory, digestion, and sleep.
- It cures a sore throat, cough, and cold, which is why people look for it when the seasons change.
- It contains flavonoids, which reduce the risk of cancer, heart disease, asthma, and other diseases.
So, if you want to get the authentic Sundarban forest honey at a reasonable price right at your doorstep, reach Joynagar right now! Not only Sundarban honey, but Joynagar also offers a variety of products to the market, including artificial flowers, wholesale bamboo tray, Nolen Gur, original Khejur Gur, Joynagarer moa, and many more at an affordable price. Visit their website for detailed information.