Boost Immunity-Fight Corona. Sundarban Forest Natural Honey in its natural form contains major sources of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. Consuming local, organic honey ensures that you receive these nutrients at their most powerful and also helps to acclimatize your body to the region.
Honey is antibacterial and antifungal, making it ideal for treating wounds. There are many different species of bees in the Sundarbans and among them, Apis dorsata type of bee comparatively makes more hives and honey. It is said that the honey collected from these hives is the best honey of the Sundarbans. This honey is dark red in color and wild in taste with great medicinal values.
Each of these groups collects honey from the Sundarbans at a specific time and specific parts of the forest under the supervision of local administration. They use smokers to drive away from the bees and then they collect the honey. The Mawolis sell their honey collection & it is a traditional livelihood and a way to meet their expenditure for this entire process.
- Rich source of antioxidants, especially phenolic compounds
- Antibacterial and antifungal
- Topical application can heal wounds and burns; acts on acne and dandruff as well Imbibing orally can help heal sore throats, alleviate allergies, boost memory, aid in digestion and sleep
- Natural taste and aroma
- Best kept at room temperature
- Keep away from direct sunlight
- No chemicals or preservatives
- Can be consumed or applied topically